Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I can't help but think...

A few weeks ago, my friend Bee nominated me for a Thinking Blogger Award.

I meant to graciously accept this nomination/award ASAP, but you know me...never here.

Nomination/award, because there's no actual voting; Bee says I write a blog that makes her think, and that's all that matters (that she says it), which is fine by me, because I wouldn't want people voting on me for anything because I'm never here so I wouldn't deserve it. I'd lose, and that would make me sadder than if I was never voted on at all. But there is no voting. It's literally an honor to be nominated. Awarded, for making Bee think...

Bee makes ME think.

I think of how funny and sweet and clever she is. How amazing her blog is! What a great writer she is.

Thank you, Bee, for thinking of me. I'm glad I make you think. Assuming I still do... ;)

And assuming my nomination is still valid...I'm supposed to nominate five blogs that make ME think, but every blog I read makes me think. Otherwise, I wouldn't read it.

But for the sake of the award...

I nominate the following;

Five Blogs that Make Me Think:

Pogo a Go-Go

Everydaibh

The Rocketteer

And Before the First Kiss


Imitation of Life

I had it narrowed down to twelve, from which I chose four based solely on who in that twelve has made me think lately.

As for the fifth: that's Jemima. If I could have only chose one, it would be her.

If these five people are interested, GO HERE to read the details, and post your own five nominations. Be proud that you're a blogger worth reading! For the thoughts you give us, and the time you spend.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoo boy... and I was just writing for my mom! I'm sure glad I didn't post that one thing about my bowel movements. Depth becomes me! Thank ye, thank ye.

A. B. Chairiet said...

You're welcome, you're welcome. :)

Daibh said...

Thanks, Ash. Now I have to think of five blogs that make me think. Lordy, do I even read five blogs anymore?

A. B. Chairiet said...

You're welcome, Davey. :)

I read about thirty myself...when I'm actually here.

Best of luck with your five...

FiL said...

Aww, shucks! Thank you indeed. But can you feel me blushing and hear me stammering awkwardly from where you're sitting??

And to think it all started out as a wee mp3 thang...

Mimey said...

Aaaaaaaaaaawww! Ok so I've been drinking and I'm supposed to be writing reports which is not going so well, so maybe I'm a little emotional, but aaawwww (in the good way) aaaawwww, I'm so so touched. I keep seeing these nominations on blogs and feeling (I'll be honest) a twinge of jealousy, coz who'd nominate me???

Lovely Ash, that's who.

And now finally I get to join in and nominate mine. Yay.

But they all do. Otherwise...yeah girl you covered that for me.

Can I nominate you back, d'you think? I've even CHANGED my mind sometimes while at your blogs. Woah!

bee said...

i'm still here!

i'm glad you got a good feeling from it.

i'll always read you, in fact.
(hug)

Anonymous said...

ash--we must be on the same blog wavelength or something, coz someone nominated me for one of these, and in turn, i named both fil and colin in my list of five! : )

congrats, btw!

A. B. Chairiet said...

Thanks, M. Congratulations to you too. :)

...

Bee: I got a good feeling from it, definitely...thanks again for thinking of me. :)

Hugs to you too.

...

Jemima: I'm so glad you were delighted by this! :)

...

FiL: You're welcome...and no, I can't feel you blush. ;)

Colin said...

Thanks Ash, this means an awful lot coming from you.

x

A. B. Chairiet said...

You're welcome. :)