Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween

A long and tiring day. A storm blew in, heavy rain and hail, massive amounts of lightening. A rainbow followed, and what else makes Halloween special but a rainbow tornado?


Tis what it sounded like as I took this picture from the deck; the wind was howling through the backwoods.

Baby-bot as Tinkerbelle had a lovely time trick or treating after the storm finally passed. We went to the other's. To my mom, and my dad's. To my former church for Trunk or Treat, where church members park their cars in the parking lot and local children come and gather said treats from the trunks, and only a few shouts of Jesus loves you! could be heard amongst the sound of people laughing and talking. Quite a few compliments were graced upon my child. Aw, isn't she cute?!


She was quite charming. Smiling. Dancing around.

I had one of those moments only parents can truly understand...when your child is a few feet away from you in a parking lot and you look at her and time is suddenly frozen. You see her. She is lit up by the warm light of the streetlamp overhead. You can't help but think, my child is gorgeous and special, and my God at how old she is.

I'll never forget that moment.

Happy Halloween.

4 comments:

Mimey said...

I'm in a very rainbow place at the moment. Thanks for picking up on my psychic pleas for a picture.

(and I missed nano-ing yesterday! and now i'm blogging when I should be pouring out wordy gibberish, bad girl!)

A. B. Chairiet said...

In a very rainbow place...that's great! :)

I hope you can stay there.

My current place is gray and cloudy. Storms on their way...

"I missed nano-ing yesterday!"

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to get caught up...I hope you do get caught up.

I've missed two days, and will probably never get caught up.

"now i'm blogging when I should be pouring out wordy gibberish"

Me too! :)

Anonymous said...

so glad you dropped by in the midst of nano, Ashley. And of course, love to hear about BG. Fantastic photos. Love those moments. Made me catch my breath. I've had a few of those recently too. Not sure whether it is exciting or depressing either...this getting older business these little ones are doing!

A. B. Chairiet said...

Heidi: I'm so glad you dropped by also. :)

I think those moments are the meaning of life. But yes, tis all very exciting and at the same time depressing.

Also the meaning of life, I guess.

(Sigh)

We should talk soon. I'll make time...and a big cup of coffee. ;)