Monday, September 4, 2006

Labor of Love Day


I had an epiphany of brilliant proportions last night!

I'll share it later...

Just saying Happy Holiday. No matter how fake it is, I do hope you enjoy it.

I've been here for a few hours now. Been writing and reading constantly.

I miss people!

I've been so God damn selfish here lately....

I’m over it now though: my little "Summer of noveling" and “Return to blogging" selfish phases.

Please forgive me.

I'm going to write AND read AND be a better friend (or whatever you want from me) soon and ever after.

Real writing will commence...letters too.

Baby Girl's going to the others today, so I think I'll take a drive and take pictures and do nothing for no one but myself. One last day of selfishness. It’s finally cooling down outside. A nice constant breeze: I want to walk in it alone. I want to sing aloud with the radio, and forget all about my fussy child. My recent lack of prose. I need to push myself harder, and I will.

As soon as labor day is gone.

6 comments:

Mentok said...

While you're out surfing, why not drop by and give me some suggestions on design and content. I'm doing a major overhaul.
Besides, I talk about you behind your back so you should check that out;-)

Bathroom Hippo said...


Labor-dabor is gone! Muhahaha! Darth Ashley was struck down by Obi-Pot-Amus.

I miss you Ash. I liked that fortune cookie post, and the English Accent one too. You're truly talented.

Okay well...back to school.

- Potamus the Wise

A. B. Chairiet said...

Mentok: I'm afraid I'm not out surfing much anymore. I barely have time to write, and then read. The internet just ain't what it used to be. The people are still great, but my time here just gets more and more tiresome after long days with a robot knee-deep in her terrible two's. It's wearing on me. And I need a lot more sleep.

Anyway. As for design suggestions: You could always switch to beta. It's great having labels. Makes you feel organized.

As for content: A little less blue would probably be nice, compared to what I used to see.

Best of luck with it all. I hope it turns out great.

...

Bathroom Hippo: Labor Day is gone...I know. I keep telling myself, Okay Ash, from now on, you're going to go in every day and catch up and stay caught up and write and read and post photos, and then I end up sleeping or watching a movie or reading a book or writing by hand. I WANT and NEED to be here and be a better writer and friend, but I just can't seem to get back on track.

I thought Labor Day till Halloween would be different, but so far...I'm off to a bad start.

I miss you too.

I'm glad you liked the fortune cookie story. Part of the Sunday Scribblings program (I forgot to mention that). And the English accent one: I was scared it wasn't "written" enough, you know? Not enough prose, or something.

"You're truly talented."

Thank you times a million.

"Okay well...back to school."

I hope it's going well.

I hope you're well.

...

Thanks guys. :)

~ Ash

Anonymous said...

Ok...so apparently with this new Beta thing...I'm not allowed to post comments normally. :o(

But I miss you...that's all I was trying to say and the computer ate my post.

Mimey said...

Blogland's better with a bit more Ash. :-)

A. B. Chairiet said...

JVS: Thanks Sweetheart. :)

Blogland's much MUCH better with a bit of you too.

I hope you never leave. :)

Linny: Yay! I'm so glad you're home!!

I can't wait to see what's going on at your blog...I'll be sure to check that some time tonight.

As for the new beta thing: It is tricky to comment, I know. I apologize. :)

I hope it won't keep you from coming around...I miss you too.