Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11: Sunrise

Barely started reading the blogs of others when sleepiness found me...I'm struggling to keep my eyes on the screen.

I'm off to catch a short nap before my child wakes up, and then it'll be cold water on my face and a nice big cup of coffee for Mommy. A day of playtime. Today and tomorrow, my schedule is clear. No work...I was supposed to be driving northward to Nashville for the Sufjan Stevens concert tonight, but that fell through, and yes, I'm severely depressed over it. [See? Sufjan is too.]

Full story on that later this week, along with the epiphany, some great news, a fun night, and a few bad nights too.

I'm sorry I've been so out of touch here recently. I was really busy last week. Barely got online. And tonight and this morning, I REALLY felt like writing, so yes, I've been totally selfish again. I just can't balance my time. Please hate me. I hate myself.

But I do like you, and miss you, so I'll try hard to catch up and soon. I'm sorry I haven't been a very good friend. Please kiss me goodnight now, though: I'm off to bed. To sleep quickly and dream of Sufjan who will have to somehow go on stage without me staring up at him, smiling, wishing to God he'd take me backstage and let me hold his banjo...

I hope we all have a great day!

5 comments:

FiL said...

Oh dear, so sorry to hear Sufjan fell through. Actually, in what might be a strange sort of synchronicity, my date with Sufjan has fallen through as well. More about that later...

But I'm glad for you and intrigued - a fun night, great news AND an epiphany!! Can't(but will) wait to hear about it all.

And I felt most privileged to have shared your white night of blogging, even asynchonously.

Hope you slept as well and as long as you needed...

FiL

Anonymous said...

Hold his "banjo"? Hmmm. Ash... :o)

Please, I see right through that.

A. B. Chairiet said...

Linny: Ha, I've been figured out... ;)

Thank you so much for making me smile!

I hope you're doing well. :)

...

Fil: Your date with Sufjan fell through, too?? Oh, I'm so sorry Fil. I know you were looking forward to it.

As for the epiphanies and such: I'll cover ‘em sometime towards the end of the week. I miss you, and lots of other people, so I need to get out and read and quit writing so much...or quit reading at night and get in here and write then. Hmm.

Someone please make a schedule for me?

I desperately need help! ;)

I'm so glad you could share in my night of blogging too, Fil. But I’m the one that should feel privileged: you're taking the time to read it. :)

And thank you, I did sleep for a while...a few hours before Baby Girl woke up, and then a quicker nap later on while she was tranced out in front of SpongeBob.

We had a great day. :)

...

Happy Tuesday, you two!
Love,
~ Ash

claireylove said...

Wish you good night?

Why of course...

Sweet dreams, dear Ashley

x x x x x

A. B. Chairiet said...

Sweet dreams to you, too, BB. You're lovely. :)