Saturday, February 10, 2007

A fast glimpse of you


I'm sorry for making the "I'm Back" announcement only to follow it up with absolutely nothing.

I picked a bad week to (re)start blogging.

I suppose though, it's like everything else in life: if you don't start today, you'll never start.

It seems there's a more famous way of saying that; an actual quote or something, but it's three in the morning here and I‘m tired. I couldn’t sleep due to my lack of writing. Though I did manage to write something on Thursday: a two page blog piece I have since deleted.

I was happy with it at the time, and would have posted it had Baby Girl not woken up before I finished editing. And because of that writing, I managed to sleep eleven hours Thursday night. Not getting online at all Friday, I find myself here now, desperately wanting to write something. Anything!

I guess I need to be an all or nothing type girl (as I am in so many other situations): If I don't post everything, I'll end up posting nothing. No new entries, and then I'll lose the rest of my readers and/or friends...God knows leaving for six weeks didn't exactly HELP in that department.

So what happened in the meantime? I was gone for so long, surely something happened...

We had Christmas.
Then New Years.
I lost the internet.
Lost my muse.
Didn't write.
Cut my hair.
Lost some weight.
Printed out the novel.
Went to the dentist twice.
Watched a film that changed my life.

Now I'm trying so hard to write this blog, and get back in touch with all the people I care about. Plus, Valentine's Day is coming. It's one of the only holidays I actually like.

I read the city of Verona receives a thousand letters addressed to Juliet every Valentine's Day.

I think that's the most romantic thing EVER!

I wish I was Juliet...

I'd read those letters over and over, and finally reply on perfume scented paper with a big feather pen and a lipstick kiss on every single envelope.

I find it sad, though, that no one writes to Romeo.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You could be the first to drop him a line.....and start a new world-wide phenomena.

Don't believe that your absence will lose you many fans. All of us have you bookmarked and were looking in all the time and hoping 'today will be the day...'

It really is good to have you back.

bee said...

i echo the sentiment!

what was the movie that changed your life?

ooh...i want to know!

Mimey said...

Friend and reader here: waving!

A. B. Chairiet said...

Jemima: Hi! :)

[Ashley waving back]

I didn't mean to imply that I had lost all my friends and/or readers here online...I just get so scared that I will, and then I forget that I haven't. You know?

(Cough, cough: I'm insane) ;)

...

Gary: Thank you! Happy (early) Valentine's to you too! :)

...

Bee: Thank you. :)

I might do a whole piece about the film, but if not, I'll let you know soon. :)

...

JC: Thank you. :)

I have decided to write Romeo, actually. And maybe if I'm lucky, he'll write back. ;)

...

I hope everyone is well this weekend. :)

Take care.

Happy Sunday!
~ Ash

Daibh said...

Great post, glad you're back. Whither Romeo, indeed? Great observation; you had me smiling!

Anonymous said...

I love the blurbs detailing life for 6 weeks. Something about it made me smile. To think we could just have these little snippets that describe our lives and to realize it actually does an adequate job sometimes. hmmmm...thanks for the perspective. Heidi (STILL cold up here!)

A. B. Chairiet said...

Daibh: Thank you! I'm so glad I made you smile. :)

...

Heidi: I'm glad I made you smile too! :)

I just couldn’t handle the thought of writing a post covering all six weeks, so I thought, Well, I’ll just boil it down to a list of ten.

I'm so sorry it's still cold up there.

I'll warm you up with some silliness, hopefully tonight! :)

:) said...

so..what movie was it? let me guess....weird science??? no..wait..soul plane!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the cyber world, Ash.

A. B. Chairiet said...

Josh: Close...but not quite. :)

Sarah: Thank you, my dear. It's lovely to hear from you. :)