Friday, November 10, 2006

Where do Novelist go when they die?

Back to bed, tis where I'm going. I came in this morning thinking I'd blog, write thousands upon thousands of much needed words for my novel. Read. Send emails. Hopefully mend a few broken fences. Be a good friend in general. But now that I'm here, my head is aching, my mouth hurts, and I think I may have fever.

Baby Girl should be up in a few hours. I'll take some medicine and work for a bit. Spend the remainder of the day watching the SpongeBob SquarePants Marathon. Cuddle up with her on the couch for the movie tonight.

This weekend, I think I better stay offline. Work on my novel. I've missed three whole days so far this month, not including today, and my wordcount proves it. Tis far from where it should be. Though I'm not quitting, nor am I worried. I know I can do it! I simply need to concentrate. That's hard, though, when I have so many other things I'd like to be doing, need to be doing, and feel sicker with each passing minute.

I'm going back to bed now. If you don't hear from me for a while, please send help.

Best of luck to my fellow novelists. To everyone with everything.

NaNoWriMo Q and A:

Current Wordcount? 7307
Number of Significant Characters? Five.
Number of Chapters? Four.
Number of Deaths? Way too many.
Number of Possible Love Interest? Hopefully just two.

10 comments:

Daibh said...

Hope you're feeling better, all around.

You've got enough time for NaNo. As Mr. Incredible says in "The Incredibles" -- "I've still got time." :)

Enjoy SpongeBob and BabyGirl, your weekend, and everything in between.

Gary said...

If you get too many deaths you can just blame them on pestilence. :)

Hope you are feeling better soon.

claireylove said...

I felt lousy this week, laid up in bed. Is it a usual sympton of week 2 of NaNo?

I love your enumeration of all the important points of the novel so far - and I've devoured every extract you've posted online too :-)

So here I am standing right by you, cheering you on. We're all going to do it, i know we are. (Because we're determined little shits, right? ;-))

Sending much love and health and many beautiful and narratively relevant words towrds your count this weekend x x x x x

Mimey said...

Work hard, I'm behind and choked by being behind. BUT IT'S THE WEEKEND YEEAAAH!

Rich said...

Aha! Ash and her writing pals around for a reading :-)

FiL said...

Right, you know by now that I'm given to the occasional bit of dressing up. So this time I've got on my rah-rah skirt and leotard, and I'm clutching my pom-poms. So, just for you, and BB, and Jemima:

"Gimme an N! Gimme an A!! Gimme another N! Gimme an O!!!..."

You know where this is going. I'm standing on the sidelines cheering you all along. Write long, hard, and fiercely!

Mikki Marshall said...

Hi Ash ! :p
Wow you're off to a fresh start. I'm going to look around a bit.
Be well chica.

Anonymous said...

That's 7307 more than me, Ash. So applause is in order!! (me being a rah-rah is totally out of the question I'm afraid!)

So - I'm not doing Nano, but still you're way ahead of me ;)

Hope your words are many :)

Heidi

Dan said...

I wonder if novelists take the same route that their novels take when they "die"? ;)

Perhaps they're thrown on the huge piles of discounted books in the back of the store. Or end up in limbo, circulating about eBay and Half.com at progressively decreasing prices. Or perhaps just recycled to become paper for new novels. ;)

A. B. Chairiet said...

Daibh: Thanks precious! I am feeling better. :)

...

Gary: Thank you! :)

...

BB: I'm so sorry you were sick. I do think it's actually a symptom of NaNoWriMo. The last week especially.

Thank you for cheering me on, and standing beside me. For sending love, health, and words.

I'm sending you some too. :)

...

Jemima: Yay for the weekend!! I hope you got caught up. :)

I won't be caught up till the very last night, but that's what makes it so fun. ;)

(It is fun, right?? I keep telling myself it is...)

...

Jasp: I'm glad someone caught that! I like to pretend BB is the girl in white, I'm in black, and Mimey's in burgundy making obscene hand gestures. ;)

...

Fil: Thank you so much for cheering us on! :)

I love it when you crossdress. ;)
...

Still Life: YAY...it warms my heart to hear from you!! :)

I've missed you!

Feel free to look around.

I hope your back for a fresh start yourself. :)

...

Heidi: Thank you, my dear! :)

I'm sure you'd make a lovely "rah rah"! And a great novelist.

I hope you and your family are well. :)

...

Dan: It's nice to meet you! :)

Love your dead-novelist theories....the last one especially.

Recycling could be like cremating.

Ashes to ashes...

Or Ashley's Ashes. ;)

...

I hope everyone's well.

Happy Wednesday! :)
Love,
~ Ash