Sunday, November 19, 2006

Because I Don't Want to Write a Novel...

Yay! Guess who's potty-trained!!

Couldn't sleep. Thought I'd fill in the blanks a bit; catch up on blogging, and generally procrastinate.

You know me.

{ Red }
1. Closest red thing to you? Picture on the wall I drew in red pencil.
2. Has anyone ever cheated on you in a relationship? Yes.
3. Last thing to make you angry? Being treated like a child.
4. Are you a fan of romance? Yes.
5. Have you ever been in love? One too many times.
6. Do you have a temper? Yes.

{ GREEN }
1. Closest green thing to you? My coffee mug.
2. Do you care about the environment? Yes.
3. Are you jealous of anyone right now? Everyone who's going to win NaNoWriMo. Everyone who has more words than me. All the writers who are published. The millions who are better at writing. People who are asleep.
4. Are you a lucky person? Not at all.
5. Do you always want what you can't have? I want what I don't have.
6. Are you Irish? One third, plus French and Scottish.

{ PURPLE }
1. Last purple thing you saw? The font on Jemima's page, from whence I stole this.
2. Like being treated to expensive things? No. Gifts make me feel guilty.
3. Do you like mysterious things? I like simple things. Honest things.
4. Favorite type of chocolate? Dark and cheap.
5. Ever met any royalty? Of course not.
6. Are you creative? Obviously.
7. Are you lonely? I'm desolate.

{ BLUE }
1. Closest blue thing to you? My coffee mug. Tis green and blue striped.
2. Are you good at calming people down? Just Baby Girl.
3. Do you like the ocean? I love the ocean.
4. What was the last thing that made you cry? The fear of my mom finding my blogs, now that she knows how.
5. Are you a logical thinker? Unfortunately.
6. Can you sleep easily? Not at all.
7. Do you prefer the beach or the woods? The beach, but I live in the woods.

{ YELLOW }
1. Closest yellow thing to you? The stars and moon in Van Gogh's The Starry Night.
2. The happiest time(s) of your life? I'll let you know as soon as it happens.
3. Favorite holiday? Halloween.
4. Are you a coward? Yes.
5. Do you burn or tan? I usually tan.
6. Do you want children? I've been sad lately, thinking I want another baby, but in the long run, I'm about ninety-nine percent sure I don't.
7. What makes you happy? The happiness of others.

{ PINK }
1. Closest pink thing to you? The tights I'm wearing.
2. Do you like sweet things? Yes.
3. Like play-fighting? No.
4. Are you sensitive? Yes.
5. Do you like punk music? Yes.
6. What is your favorite flower? Daffodils.
7. Does someone have a crush on you? No.

{ ORANGE }
1. Closest orange thing to you? A copy of Huck Finn.
2. Do you like to burn things? I used to.
3. Dress up for Halloween? I was going to, but fell asleep.
4. Are you usually a warm-hearted person? Towards others, when I'm not distracted by my writing, or my own sadness.
5. Do you prefer the single life or the security of a relationship? There’s good and bad in all of it. You're pretty much screwed either way.
6. What would your super power be? To touch people and make them happy. I'd fly all over the world, just touching everyone.

{ WHITE }
1. Closest white thing to you? My bra and socks.
2. Would you say you're innocent? No. I'm drenched in sin.
3. Always try to keep the peace? I try, but fail.
4. How do you imagine your wedding? Me in a Cinderella dress with flowers in my hair, a dark green ribbon around the waist, barefoot. Outside. On a beach or on a grassy hill near a little white church. A gorgeous, kind, brilliant, funny, and thoughtful, understanding man with a good job and great smile, watching me walk down the make-believe aisle, thinking, I love this girl more than anything, and will never be mean to her. Never yell at her. Never cheat on her. Or hurt her in any way. I'll treat her like a princess, and read her writing, and play with her child till the end of my days.
5. Do you like to play in the snow? I love it.
6. Are you afraid of going to the doctors or dentist? Yes.

{ BLACK }
1. Closest black thing to you? My desktop.
2. Ever enjoy hurting people? Never.
3. Are you sophisticated or silly? Mostly silly.
4. Do you have a lot of secrets? Everyone does.
5. What is(are) your favorite color(s)? Green and blue.
6. Does the color you wear affect your mood? Wearing the bright pink tights with a gold silk nightgown, I feel like the most horrible, hideous, and heartless person in the whole wide world. So no. I should probably be wearing all black.

6 comments:

Daibh said...

Wow; heartfelt responses.

Mimey said...

Super memeing and well done on the potty training. Your work, not baby girl's, is what I'm thinking.

Gary said...

I like dark and cheap chocolate the best too.

I think it is pretty cool that you live in the forest.

Anonymous said...

One of your answers is flat out wrong. :)

Brian said...

Ash, the best part about you is how real you are...but you can be so hard on yourself...I just want to reach out and hug you sometimes, you know?

And, no #7 pink is definitely not correct....

Have a good week Ash, and know that we're here for you....even though we're not there....

Brian

Dan said...

Ash, I loved it when you said "To touch people and make them happy. I'd fly all over the world, just touching everyone."

That is one of the sweetest things I've read in the blogosphere in too long.

And when you say "I want what I don't have" I'm reminded of the Buddhist saying that happiness is wanting what you already have.

It takes work, but it's reachable. Honest. Would I mislead you? ;)