Thursday, October 5, 2006

Poetry Thursday: My Body, You Didn't Want


It’s not really the Fifth of October. It's the Seventeenth. I was severely depressed and/or offline the Fifth, so I missed a poem.

The prompt was My Body.

Dead of Winter

You smiled at me once
I saw your teeth flash white
like the snow we walk now
our feet sinking further
with every step
into the night

The trees grow taller
ice forming on pines
their heavy branches
run needles on the ground
like the fingers of a child

We stop in a clearing
you're quiet by my side
your arms wrap around me
and you lift me up high
throwing me to the night
where the wolves wait near by
you run and hide beneath the weighed-down pines

On my back
I am crying
as the wolves find me lying
in the open
moonlight shining
on tears in my eyes
the snow in the pines
they rip my skin
limb from limb
my body, broken

I remember your smile

1 comment:

Bathroom Hippo said...


Very beautiful poem dollface.

It's just too bad nobody saw it...except me...I guess I'm a stalker that way....ah well. T'was lovely and sad.