Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Meet Blonde Ash

If blonde is peroxide orange, then yes...Blonde. Ash Blonde...Ala James Bond!


I'm highly caffeinated and home alone. Bot's with the Others and I've already went out for a while. It started storming, so I'm in the office, in my pajamas...thought I'd get online. Though getting online for the fun of it during the daytime is slightly disorienting. But really, my house is clean, I don't need to cook, I can't go for a walk. Seems like the perfect way to spend an evening!

It's my day off...Did I mention that? I always assume the insipid details of my life are made known at some point or another, and I'd hate to repeat myself. But yes. Wednesdays are usually my off day, just as soon as I finish up work in the office...

I finished up today's work in a matter of minutes...Now I'm through for the month! Can spend all day tomorrow doing whatever I want; the only difference is, Bot will be here with me, so it'll still be business as usual, sans the actual business.

Noon. I take a bubble bath, then crawl into bed naked with a cup of coffee, and Henry Miller. We read for a while.

I dress and make up, and drive into Sticksville for a trip to the Post Office, and the Dollar Store where I chat with the checkout girl. We had shop class together in high school. Though she was always sweeping the floors, or doing the lowest of the Girl Work. I did the second level of Girl Work: cutting angle iron, or sanding wood. The top level of Girl Work was welding, and only the "responsible" girls were allowed to weld...I didn't care; I didn't want to weld. Though I didn't want to cut angle iron either. I'd show up to seventh period Algebra with stained black hands, and bleeding fingers, and holes burnt in my clothes and shoes. The smell of hot metal lingering in my hair...and yes, I'm shopping alone today. Just a box of cereal for the kid who isn't with me. She's been throwing a fit for Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

I leave the store, and drive south to a place I've been dieing to go back to since last week...when I was in a hurry to get my hair dyed, and buy medicine and get back home because Bot had just came down with fever...I saw a bridge I had never noticed, because I always turn left ten minutes before it...

With the storm clouds moving in, I speed to catch the sun, but sure enough, right as I drive down the steep embankment, the sky turns gray.

The bridge is huge, though, and there's still a sliver of blue from the way I came...I hop from the car, camera in hand, and start clicking...till I smell something awful, and hit something with my foot...a fishhead! I jump towards the car, and look around, and there's eight of 'em, all covered in flies.

I walk down the dock, and there's a man walking up. He's short and chubby, with a fishing pole over his shoulder, in a button down shirt and baseball cap. Scraggly mustache.

Takin' pictures of the river? he asks.

I tell him, I was trying to take pictures of that bridge, but the sun went away, and now it don't look good...

He smiles, hitches his boat and leaves.

I see a bunch of kids on the beach about a half a mile down...I sit on the dock to watch them swim, but get my ass soaking wet in the process.

I drive north, and stop at a gas station to buy lunch: a candy bar and an energy drink.

By the time I reach my road, all the blue is gone, the clouds are black, and it pours and lightning like God's mad at me. I cant see. Steam’s rising as I finish my drink.

Inside, dry, and dressed in pajamas...That's where you came in. ;)

A few more shots:

The Blue/White Sky

My Newfound Bridge

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ash,
Gotta say the semi-blonde Ash is....Hot! Great look for the summer, and always fun to change things up a bit, huh!

That was a nice look inside a "day in your life", just to tag along with you and see your day through your eyes. Felt I was there....

The photo of the bridge is very nice, probably even better sans sun, I think. The composition is great with the bridge and its shadow disappearing into the corner, leading us away from wherever it is we are.

And I really liked the ending/beginning circle being completed. Felt warm and comfy...

Have a great Thursday! And a great weekend!

Brian

Brian

Daibh said...

The highlights are a highlight of the day. Great shot, nifty bit of color, cool expression. You look ready to take on Freddy Kreuger, now, Dream Warrior! ;)

You took Shop? Awesome! All the secretly cool girls at my school took Shop. I think Robin Williams was a welder at some point in his past, which is scary to think about.

Hope you're feeling better; sounds like you are, and it sure looks like you are.

I like your newfound bridge.

Anonymous said...

love the bridge photo! And the new do. Heidi

FiL said...

And I love the jim-jams!! They look decadently comfy...

I'm also partial to bridges, doubly so to rivers!!!

claireylove said...

Oh that's not orange ~ take it from one who has fallen prey to that particular shade!

I was thinking your hair looked more along the lines of Holly Golightly streaks :D

And it's good to read you again~ I've been missing my Ash (Blonde) fix!

hugs

bb xox

bee said...

hi, sweetie.

your hair looks great. never think otherwise...and when i actually get a digital camera, you're going to have to show me how you take your breath-taking shots.

i loved being brought along for the day with you.

and when did bg become the bot, exactly? and how?

;)

A. B. Chairiet said...

Bee: Bot became Bot when I realized she wasn't a baby anymore. 'Course I just realized this a few weeks ago. ;)

I do call her Bot in real life. More than her real name...I always have.

I hope you get a digital camera. :)

I'll tell you all my secrets...

...

BB: So lovely to see you! I've missed you too. :)

...

FiL: And this particular river is somewhere connected to the one used for rafting...

The jammies are silk. :)

...

Heidi: I'm glad you love the photo, and my hair. :)

...

Dave: I did take shop...four years of it. Plus, I was an active member of the FFA.

I'm glad you like my bridge. :)

...

Brian: Thank you...you make me happy I post something when I actually post something...and I felt warm and comfy too.

Thank you so much for the compliment! I've changed it now, but still summery...

I hope you had a great weekend too. :)

...

Here it is a new weekend...

Happy Saturday.
Love,
~ Ash

Dan said...

Ash, you're more beautiful than any of those Bond girls! Hugs!

A. B. Chairiet said...

Thank you, Dan. :)

Hugs to you too!