Monday, September 18, 2006

Clap Your Hands Say Anything...

Think happy thoughts of Ash sitting at her desk, in a green silk nightgown, drinking rum, coffee, water, yes all three, listening to something loud and fast, dancing in her seat while a storm rages out yonder window.

My power went out earlier, due to the lightning, thunder, and ridiculous amount of rain, but I shall be here all night, writing and blogging on and on until I'm A) sleepy, B) sober, C) no longer wild and wired like a seven year old child who just raided the sugar bowl for their dinner AND dessert.

News.

I have some good news, some cute news, and some very great news! Then I'll be on my merry little way, to write and read and possibly sleep, though the seven year old in me highly doubts it.

Number One) Whatever the hell was wrong with me last week, I'm finally over it. YES. Over it times a million plus oceans and exclamation points infinity.

I'm sorry I got so down.

It happens.

I'm not made of stone. Not a man. Certainly not Bogart.

I'm a girl. And a bit of a silly one at that.

Number Two) Cute news: I bought Baby Girl’s Halloween costume!

She shall be...(drumroll please)...Tinkerbell this year!!


Yay. I absolutely love Halloween! It's my most favorite holiday, except for the Jesus ones...I'm forced to love them more.

But candy and costumes...I've bought mine as well.

It's a pair of fish-net thigh-highs I shall be wearing beneath a pair of blue jeans, with my three-inch black high-heels.

I'm going as a closet sex-kitten. A domestic daydreamer.

And nobody will know it but me...

And you! And yes, I'll take pictures of me and little Tink, and no, probably not in the same shot (wink-wink), and then after she's tucked into bed and I've raided her bucket o' treats, I'll turn back into a pumpkin...

Number Three) The Great News: I'm gearing up for another round of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) which begins November First at midnight.

I'm excited. Hell, I'm ecstatic! I'm already plottin' and plannin'...though in a very simplistic way. I'm only giving myself the title and the main metaphor.

No character names. No starting lines. No ending scenes.

I'm going to do this one right, by God. Do it from my heart if I have one.

Number Four) The News I forgot to mention, which is actually the most relevant at this time:

I'm currently in the midst of writing ten short stories.

Yes...Ten. And it feels wonderful!

The only catch of course is I'll have to continue being selfish AKA a bad friend for the next two weeks until I have my birthday and get depressed for feeling old and tired and be way too sad to write much of anything at all.

Then I'll be a wonderful friend! Blogging again.

Not that I'm going away or anything.

It just might mean a little less posting, a lot more writing. But a lot more writing leads to a lot more posting. It just takes a bit longer for me to do those short stories than it does to write a blog piece.

I'm feeling all antsy just sitting here talking about 'em, and not actually working on 'em, so why don't I change that?

Off to be creative, and silly, and only slightly drunk while sporadically checking the weather report.

Happy Monday times a million plus oceans infinity.

9 comments:

Daibh said...

no longer wild and wired like a seven year old child who just raided the sugar bowl for their dinner AND dessert.

Great line!

And exciting about the ten stories, and NaNoWriMo -- good luck on that.

:)

Mentok said...

NaNoWriMo again already. This is where I came in I think.

Happy to hear you are doing that again. I expect it would be like running a marathon. This time you'll be prepared for the suffering and endurance required. Remember to go Tolkien on 'em if all else fails.

Good luck with that and the stories.

Mimey said...

Your excitement is infectious: that's a good thing. I need the shot of adrenaline. Good luck with it all, enjoy and take all the time you need: as long as you come back!!!

FiL said...

Yay! Yay!! I'm infected too, in the best possible way...

I love Halloween too. Our neighbourhood goes all out - wonderful yard displays, not just your normal pumpkins. But last year I think I may have gone a bit too far. You see, I hung a life-sized effigy in a devil mask from a noose in a tree out front of our house. The parents round our way were talking about it in hushed tones for months afterwards...

I think our two are going as pirates this year, but maybe I'll go as Robert Smith of The Cure. Forget effigies, that'll and scare the bejeezus out of everyone...

Good luck with the writing. And fret not if you're scarce - true friendship is picking up right from where you left off, even after a long hiatus.

FiL

Mentok said...

Sadly, I can't do displays 'cause I'm too busy with my kids' theme costumes. My dream display would involve buying a bunch of old pork shanks and such from a butcher, wrapping them in scraps of old halloween costumes and placing them in a heap by a sign saying "Unsuccessful Trick-or-Treaters".

Bathroom Hippo said...


Think about Ashley drunk in a green silk nightgown dancing around? I never thought I'd say this but....

ALRIGHT!!!!!

That tinkerbell costume is adorable. I miss being a kid. I'd go as batman...jason...the flash...and sometimes I'd just knock on peoples doors' asking for candy at age 22 with no costume. Okay that last part is made up...errr most of it anyway.

It's freezing cold here, Ash. Very chilly.

Much luck with the NanoWrimo thing....heh..."thing"...haven't said that in awhile.....Did you get that NanoWrimo thing I sent you? Anyway, you've already won it in my book. Wish they had Flash awards or something..... You know...something I could win...or atleast get 2nd place, or maybe just an honorable mention.

Hey! Can one of those short stories be about a hippo that meets a girl and they fall in love and ...uh oh...that's not good... I just spilled chicken noodle soup all over the place. I guess I'll have to get back to that thought.

claireylove said...

nanowrimo sounds utterly infectious and i'm wondering if possibly i could....

in the meantime happy 10 story writing, my sweet, sounds like a blast!

Drywall Mom said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. My little girl is going to be Pocahatas (if I spelled that right) and my son, if we can find the costume, want's to be Mario.

A. B. Chairiet said...

Davey: Thank you! :)

I’m so glad you liked the line.

...

Mentok: Thank you! :)

I’ll remember.

...

JVS: Thank you! :)

I'm so glad my enthusiasm was infectious.

...

BH: I'm so glad you liked my nightgown. ;)

And Baby Girl's costume. :)

I'm sorry it's so cold and freezing there...

I hope it's warmer now. :)

And yes, I did get that thing you sent...the, how's the novel? Yeah, the novel you've been writing? The one you've been working on...the novel, Stewie thing. I loved it!

I'm sure if there was a Flash Movie contest, you'd win. :)

...

BB: Thank you! You should do NaNoWriMo too!! It really is a lot of fun. And I’d love to have someone around here writing with me. :)

...

DWMom: Hey girl! I hope you're doing well. :)

Hope the costumes all come together for you and the kids. I can't wait to see 'em! :)

...

Happy Saturday!

Love,
~ Ash